Get Rid of Dry Eyes
You know that feeling when you blink and it feels gritty or scratchy? You don’t have to live with that.
That’s just one symptom of dry eyes, along with a stinging sensation or feeling like there’s something in your eye, and others (read more below).
Thankfully, we have your solution. Our progressive and innovative treatment options are available to help you find relief. Start with a comprehensive eye exam, and talk to your eye doctor about dry eye therapy today.
Tear Up Easily
We’re not talking about emotional tears, but you need those too.
This is about the health of the tears in your eyes. If your tear film is out of balance, it can result in less production of tears or the production of low-quality tears.
Your tear film is made up of 3 parts:
- The inner mucus layer is responsible for keeping the tear on your eye
- The middle aqueous (watery) layer is the thickest, keeps eyes hydrated, repels bacteria, and protects your cornea
- The outer oily layer keeps the surface of the tear smooth and prevents tear evaporation
That Dry Feeling
- Age—The majority of people over age 65 experience dry eyes.
- Hormones—Hormonal changes like pregnancy, menopause, and using oral contraceptives can contribute to dry eyes.
- Medications—Antihistamines, decongestants, blood pressure medication, antidepressants, and other medications can lead to less tear production.
- Medical conditions—Rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and thyroid problems may have symptoms of dry eyes. Inflammation of the eyelids, the surface of the eye, or eyelids turning in or out can cause dry eyes.
- Environment—Smoke, wind, and dry climates can increase tear evaporation. Blinking less often also contributes to dry eyes.
- Contact lenses—Long-term use of contact lenses can contribute to dry eyes.
- Refractive surgeries—LASIK and other refractive surgeries can decrease tear production.
You may experience one or multiple symptoms of dry eyes.
- Redness in and around your eyes
- Stinging, burning, or scratchy eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Excessively watering eyes
- Stringy mucus near the eye
- Blurred vision
Precision Eye Care is dedicated to helping you find your solution to dry eye symptoms. We offer a variety of treatments that help alleviate discomfort and provide long-term relief.
First, we use LipiView, an innovative tool that uses imaging technology to assess your tear quality. This will help us determine the cause of your dry eyes.
The LipiFlow device sends warmth to the glands in your eyes while giving them a gentle massage. The procedure is relatively quick and provides dramatic results. LipiFlow helps the oils in your glands move easier, providing you with healthier tears.
If extra debris on your eyelids is contributing to your dry eyes, BlephEx may be your solution. This device gently cleans and exfoliates your eyelids, removing bacteria, biofilm, and other debris. The treatment only takes a few minutes to perform and helps you achieve eyelid hygiene.
Ready for Comfortable Eyes?
Comfortable eyes and clear vision are within reach, thanks to our team at Precision Eye Care. Take the first step today and schedule a convenient appointment with our optometrists. We’re happy to work with you to find the right solution for your eyes.
Our office is located off the SR-500 and I-205 (War Veterans Memorial Freeway) across from the Vancouver Mall. We have plenty of accessible parking available in the parking lot outside our building.
- 8400 NE Vancouver Mall Loop, Ste 110
- Vancouver, Washington 98662
Hours Of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed